Apple Bran Muffins
119.42 calories/3.69 grams protein per serving
|1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour||508.75 cal||20.5 protein|
|1 cup Oat Bran||231 cal||16.3 protein|
|1/3 cup Packed Brown Sugar||276.3 cal||0 protein|
|2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder||0 cal||0 protein|
|1/4 tsp Salt||0 cal||0 protein|
|1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg||0 cal||0 protein|
|1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon||0 cal||0 protein|
|1 cup Fat-Free Buttermilk||90 cal||9 protein|
|2 whole Egg Whites||34 cal||7.2 protein|
|2 tbls. Cooking Oil||240 cal||0 protein|
|3/4 cup Apple, peeled and shredded||53 cal||.3 protein|
1) Mix flour, oat bran, brown sugar, baking poweder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in mixing bowl.
2) In second bowl, mix; buttermilk, egg whites, and oit.
3) Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Stir until moistened.
4) Add apple (you may store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days).
1) spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each muffin cup with close to 1/4 cup batter.
2) Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes (a toothpick inserted near the center, should come out clean).
Optional: replace Fat-Free Buttermilk by combining 3 tsp vinegar with enough milk to equal 1 cup altogether; let stand 5 minutes before mixing.