85.56 calories/3.74 grams protein per serving. Makes 12 servings.
|1 1/2 cups Skim Milk||136.5 cal||13.05 protein|
|1/2 cup plus 1 tbls Whole-Wheat Flour||216.22 cal||9 protein|
|1/2 cup plus 1 tbls Unbleached White Flour||288 cal||7.2 protein|
|2 large Eggs||156 cal||12.6 protein|
|1/4 cup Egg Substitute (or 2 Egg Whites)||30 cal||3 protein|
|1 tbls Granulated Splenda||6 cal||0 protein|
|1/4 tsp Salt||0 cal||0 protein|
|1 tbls Canola Oil||120 cal||0 protein|
1) Add milk, flours, eggs, egg substitute, sugar, and salt to blender (or electric mixer) )nd mix together for about 20 seconds. Scrape down sides of the blender or bowl, add the canola oil, and blend for about a minute more.
2) Cover and refrigerate batter in blender container for about an hour. (If you can't wait, go ahead and make the crepes; they still turn out fine).
3) Blend batter again for about 10 seconds while heating a nonstick crepe pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
4) When pan is hot, coat with canola cooking spray and pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan, tilting pan quickly to coat bottom and form a circle. When top of crepe starts looking dry and bottom is golden (about 45 seconds), loosen edges with spatula and flip crepe over. Cook other side about 30 seconds (brown spots will start appearing on the bottom side.
5) Transfer crepe to a plate and repeat the last step with remaining batter.
Optional: These can be used in entrée or dessert crepes recipes.