98.3 calories/2.84 grams protein per serving
|1 1/4 cup (unbleached) Flour||600 cal||15 protein|
|1/4 cup Cornmeal||100 cal||2 protein|
|1/4 cup uncooked Rolled Oats||77.5 cal||2.5 protein|
|1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar||414.5 cal||0 protein|
|1 tsp Baking Soda||0 cal||0 protein|
|1/4 tsp Salt||0 cal||0 protein|
|2 whole Egg Whites (slightly beaten)||34 cal||7.2 protein|
|1 cup Fat-Free Buttermilk*||90 cal||9 protein|
|1 cup Fat-Free Sour Cream||168 cal||7 protein|
1) Preheat oven to 350degrees. Prepare 12 muffin pans with cooking spray and flour; set aside. Prepare skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium until hot.
2) In a mixing boiwl, combine flour, cornmeal, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.
3) In another mixing bowl, combine egg whites, buttermilk, and sour cream.
4) Mix dry ingredients with the wet ingredients just until moistened. Ladle the batter into the muffin pans, using three or more tablespoons per cake.
5) Cook for two minutes, then flip carefullyand cook for two minutes more.
Optional: replace Fat-Free Buttermilk by combining 3 tsp vinegar with enough milk to equal 1 cup altogether; let stand 5 minutes before mixing.