Roasted Red Onions and Green Beans
98 calories/2.69 grams protein per serving. Makes 8 servings.
|5 medium Red Onions||230 cal||5 protein|
|2 tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil||252 cal||0 protein|
|2 tbls Balsamic Vinegar||20 cal||0 protein|
|1 tsp Salt||0 cal||0 protein|
|1/4-1/2 tsp Black Pepper||0 cal||0 protein|
|2 lbs Green Beans or French Green Beans, trimmed||282 cal||16.5 protein|
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Peel onions and cut into lengthwise quarters.
3) Toss onions with 1 tablespoon of vinegar, salt, and pepper.
4) Place on a baking sheet lightly oiled with cooking spray. Roast onions until golden brown, 20 minutes then sprinkle lightly with water and continue roasting another 20 minutes.
5) Rinse green beans in cold water, drain. Place into covered dish and microwave until tender, 4-5 minutes; drain.
6) Combine roasted onions with steamed green beans, adjust seasoning and serve.